How to Save Console File
Once you have have created a console you like by loading snap-ins and arranging windows, you can save the console to a file with the default extension of .MSC
Loading the file later recreates the saved console state.
Save console files called tools are not tied to large amounts of managed data, so it is practical to create multiple console files and to share them by e-mail or other means. Tools can be shared as read only, so the people receiving and using them cannot change them.
To save a console:
- On the Console menu, click Save Console As.
- Type a name for the file in the File name box, and then click Save.
To restore a console file when you are not already running MMC
- Double click the .msc file in Windows NT Explorer
- Click Start, click Run and then specify the save console file name in the Open dialog box.
To load a saved console from within MMC
- On the console menu, click Open.
- Type the file name and then click Open.