Cpwebhosting.net provides you the some key ingredients for opting Linux based hosting plan:
1. Control Panel – This is the nucleus of your website. Control Panel, popularly known as CP. The moment you signup for a Hosting Pack, you must be provided with a CP to manage your web space.
2. POP3 email Ids & Aliases – firstname.lastname@example.org is an example POP3 ID. You must be provided with ample of POP3 email ids and it depends on the Package size.
3. FTP Accounts & Virtual FTP – This is where you upload your files, delete them, and update them. This again comes along with the CP. Make sure you have handful of FTP sub-accounts also to provide your clients/users password protected directories.
4. Backup – Most of the Hosts take Automated Backups. But users do not take much care on this while choosing the Hosting Pack.
5. Web Statistics – Analysis of your website visitors plays a key role in the success of your website. You can view the Report using Statistics Application that run in the server backend.
6. Bandwidth – Choose the Hosting Plan that gives enough Bandwidth for your website. Even though you cannot judge at the beginning, as time progresses, you can easily deduct the Bandwidth required.
7. PHP & Mysql Support – All the Linux Plans support PHP & Mysql. Make sure you get this free of charge when you buy the hosting plan. Few Hosting Providers may charge extra for MYSQL Database Support & PhpMyAdmin.
8. Webmail & SMTP – Email becomes key part in your life once you launch the website. Check if the Hosts provide with WEBMAIL to check your mails through a web based interface using Squirrel mail or Horde. Corporate Users prefer downloading mails through Email Clients
9. SPAM ASSASIN – No email user is free from a spam attack. Hence you need to have Spam Filters installed on the server where your website resides.
10. IP – If your website prefers SSL Support as time grows, makes sure you get a DEDICATED IP. Most of the websites are hosted on shared IPs. Ask your Hosting Provider about the extra charges involved in getting a dedicated IP and SSL Support.