WordPress is popular among bloggers all around the globe and is most preferred Content Management System. Credit goes to the advantages that WordPress offers.
- Easy platform to work on, require no specific technical knowledge.
- Free Plugins available.
- Easy to add fields and functions.
- Thousands of Free templates as per requirement to create beautiful and effective website.
- Better support available by strong community of developers associated, who provides prompt response.
- Editing Tools to keep website in a clean and professional manner.
WordPress offers unique advantage of having two editors:
- Visual editor
- Text Editor
Most of the experts of editing advocate offline editing as it is safer.
Migrate your WordPress website to InmotionHosting
WordPress feature with number of plugins. All plugin are helpful in making wordpress site effective and spam free. Below discussed are some useful plugins.
1) WordPress Security Plugins
Security of WordPress installatio increases by this plugin. By using these plugin users can secure their wordpress site from spammers.
- Limit Login Attempts : if someone tries unauthorize login then limit login attempts will temporarily ban the IP address for trying more login attempts. It suggest to change administrator usename to something other than “Admin”.
- WP-reCAPTCHA : Plugin which uses an advanced CAPTCHA system to help prevent spam in WordPress. CAPTCHA is an image contains letter and numbers and user is need to fill these words and number to prove they are not spambot.
- Captch : This plugin prevents unwanted spam bots from login form, register form, lost password form, and comments form. This plugin allows users to solve simple math problems before leaving a comment or registering.
- Akismet : powerful plugin which features with all WordPress installation and stop spam comments on wordpress website.
2) WordPress Google XML Sitemaps(SEO plugins)
Creating XML sitemaps have lot of work but by using Google XML Sitemaps plugin, it can be created easily and automatically. It will increases visibility of website for search engines.
3)Plugins for Facebook and Twitter
In Today’s e-market social media has become a pivotal aspect for any enterprises. These plugin can be integrated into WordPress website and allow visitors to “like” WordPress posts and automatically tweets your posts.
- Facebook Like Button : When visitors like your post it will appear on their Facebook page. By this approach your website will get social reach.
- Social Media Widget : You can place it anywhere on your side menu, visitors can point any social sites like facebook, twitter, myspace, LinkedIn, Skype, and much more.
- WP to twitter : your post will automatically appear on twitter account by this plugin.
If you wish to migrate WordPress site from previous hosting provider to Inmotionhosting, there some informative topic which will provide easy navigation.
Intro to Migrating your WordPress Site data
Make sure you have access of WordPress files as database associated with it.
- Migrating Your WordPress Database : for transferring data base you have to do some work as exporting backup of your WordPress database, creating a NEW MySQL database, and importing backup you created.
- Migrating WordPress Files : after migrating wordpress site to inmotionhosting you need to copy or transfer all WordPress application files. Company uses FTP for this task. If you dont have FTP credentials then ask your previous host to provide this prior information.
- Configuring WordPress After a Migration : Next step is to update configuration setting so recent migrated files can communicate correctly with database.
- Correcting Image links After a WordPress Migration : Next important step is update URLs for images within your posts and pages. By changing site URL will not fix images on your recent webpage. PhpMyadmin tool will help you out to fix the things.
- Testing Your WordPress Website After Migration : Before taking website live it is last step to do. you will need to modify your hosts file on your computer.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers